- Recipe Servings: two
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time
- Total Cook Time: 25 Minutes plus chilling time
A fruit soup! And what is more summery than a crisp, chilled watermelon? This is a fairly easy recipe but for the laborious deseeding of the watermelon.
Ingredients Of Spicy Watermelon Soup
- 6 cups chopped and deseeded watermelon
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic glue
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1/2 Tbsp chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Olive oil, to cook
How to Make Spicy Watermelon Soup
Sauté the ginger-garlic paste and the chilli flakes in a little olive oil. Set aside to cool.
Puree the watermelon as well as the mint in a blender until completely mixed. Insert the carrot puree into the saucepan with the ginger-garlic and chilli flakes, and simmer, until it thickens a little bit.
It’s possible to add a couple of ice cubes into the soup, then spoon over some olive oil and serve garnished with a sprig of mint. This is a soup that is best eaten the same day of preparation.
Crucial Ingredients: watermelon, mint, chilli flakes