- Recipe Servings: Two
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Delicious chicken Balls tossed in sticky soy sauce with garlic, bell peppers and snow peas.
- Ingredients Of Garlic Soya Chicken
- 450 Gram Chicken Thigh/Breast (cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thin strips)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil (toasted)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper (finely ground)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Juice
- two Tbsp Peanut Oil or Vegetable oil (divided)
- 5-6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion , sliced
- A couple Snow Peas (trimmed)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese Rice Wine
- 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
How to Make Garlic Soya Chicken
1teaspoon In a large bowl, then toss chicken strips with toasted sesame oil and white pepper. Keep aside. In a small bowl, stir together rice vinegar, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Put aside. Add 1 tbsp of oil. After the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces, spreading it out as far as possible. Sear for 1 minute without stirring until the edges are lightly browned, then stir to cook all sides until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes longer. Reheat the identical wok, Place in another tbsp of oil, add in garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes. Stir-fry over low heat for around 10-15 minutes, or until aromatic, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Turn up the heat to high, add in snow peas and red onion, and stir-fry for another 30 minutes.
- Insert in red bell pepper, and cook for one minute – making certain to stir and toss the ingredients well.
- Once the veggies are bright and nearly crisp-tender, stir in the cooked chicken.
- Require the prepared sauce, then give it a stir, and quickly pour it into the wok, cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Insert in one or two tbsp of water if necessary, toss well, and cook for a additional 30 minutes or so the mixture is warm and bubbly.
- Turn heat off, and then move to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
You can use Dry Sherry instead of Chinese Rice Wine.
Crucial Ingredients: Chicken Thigh/Breast (cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thin strips), Sesame Oil (toasted), White Pepper (finely ground), Ginger Juice, Peanut Oil or Vegetable oil (divided), Garlic cloves (minced), Ginger, Red Chilli Flakes, Red Onion , Snow Peas (trimmed), Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips),